The MANIATIS HOTEL hotel in Sparta is now an example of a modern hotel unit, equipped with Heating, Cooling, DHW Production systems, exclusively from renewable energy source, all controlled by innovative smart control and regulation systems, to ensure high comfort accommodation & hospitality for its guests. You may check the whole project in the relevant Press Release.
In this article we will look at how, we fully met the needs of owners and visitors, and at the same time transformed the entire hotel building into the most energy efficient hotel business in the Peloponnese, with the Salus Smart Home System.
If you do not know what Salus Smart Home is, you may visit our related pages:
In short, SALUS SMART HOME is the easiest, scalable and efficient building management system on the market, specializing in heating, cooling and hot water production (that are the 3 sectors responsible for more than 70% of building energy consumption).
Case Study - Salus Smart Home in six-storey hotel
At the six-storey MANIATIS HOTEL, located in the center of Sparta city, ANDRIANOS installed and configured an extensive Smart Home system by SALUS.
The Salus Smart Home system has been designed in such a way as to provide the owner & the staff with central and remote control of the Heating, Cooling & Domestic Hot Water (DHW) system, as well as the recording of their energy data.
This means that:
- The reception directly sees every moment, via pc, all the rooms of the building, the temperature that prevails in each room, the status (on / off) of the thermostat, the fan speed in the fan coils, etc.
- The owner knows at any time the temperature of the Hot Water inside the boilers, the status of the Heat Pumps, any alarm & error of the electromechanical systems.
- The engineers & technicians of ANDRIANOS, who are responsible for the proper operation of the system, see online all the above, and in addition can see temperature curve and diagrams, energy data, exact on/off time of the heating & cooling systems, etc. a. While they can remotely change settings and intervene with additional configuration, without requiring a site visit.
Smart Functions at MANIATIS HOTEL Hotel
Through the SALUS Smart Home application we have the ability to control all floors of the hotel accommodation easily and quickly, since the modern systems of Salus Smart Home offer:
- Easy management, with central control of all rooms from the reception area or from anywhere, via smartphone, tablet or pc.
- Improved accommodation experience for guests thanks to the absolute thermal comfort in the rooms, as well as ease of use of thermostats, on the part of users-customers.
- High degree of personalization, tailored exactly to the needs of the specific hotel building.
- Modern look that meets the aesthetic needs of the hotel.
Through the Salus Smart Home application (available for Android Smartphone / Tablet & Iphone / Ipad) or through the respective website https://eu.salusconnect.io/, the administrators have access to the hotel control panel.
In this application, for the Maniatis Hotel, 6 different control panel screens have been created, one for each floor, so that the user can easily navigate and have immediate information about the conditions of each room.
Following some examples of what the management environment looks like:
Snapshot 1: 1st floor control screen on a summer day. We notice that, in all the rooms fn the 1st floor, the cooling system is turned off, while the temperatures are at the level of readiness for Check-in. The management environment of Salus Smart Home is set in the Greek Language.
In addition, we can observe the last 3 buttons of the control screen:
"ALL COOLING ON 27οC" that activates all thermostats and regulates the room cooling system to 27 degrees Celsius.
"ALL COOLING ON 29οC" which activates all thermostats and regulates the room cooling system at 29 degrees Celsius.
"ALL COOLING OFF" that deactivates all thermostats and the cooling system of the rooms.
These "smart buttons" were created, through the One Touch rules of the Salus Smart Home system, to cover some necessary functions for the mass management of rooms.
In general, the One Touch rules give the Salus Smart Home the scalability and convenience that make it ideal for any building management application.
Snapshot 2: 2nd floor control screen - The rooms, in which the cooling system operates are shown in blue, while the corresponding circulator on the floor appears to have turned on (in orange color) automatically .
[When the room temperature 203-207 reaches the setpoint, the floor circulator will automatically turn off].
Note: The admin interface is now configured in English.
Snapshot 3: The control screen on the 3rd floor of the hotel. We notice that the thermostat control window is tunred on in room 301. The immediate information we receive is that the system operates in cooling (air conditioning), in manual mode, at low fan speed, while the room temperature is 26.7 οC and the set point 25,5οC.
Snapshot 4: The control panel on the 3rd floor of the hotel, on a winter day when the hotel was closed, due to COVID-19. For the needs of the example we turned on the heating in room 504. (The heating function is shown in orange, in contrast to the blue color of the cooling function we saw in the previous snapshots). The smart relay that controls the circulator on the floor ("5th Floor Pump Relay") was activated immediately and automatically.
What else do we observe? Another information is that we see the temperature in the AC BUFFER TANK which is currently 46.5 οC.
We also observe 4 smart relays, two for the changing between Heating & Cooling mode of the 2 Heat Pumps, as well as 2 more for the warning in case of errors at the heat pumps. (In case of error, the smart relay is activated and SMS & emails are sent to those in charge).
Devices and equipment of Salus Smart Home
But let's see what is included in the new smart management & control system of Salus Smart Home that was installed at the MANIATIS hotel in Sparta and how everything was combined, to have a perfect result.
- The Universal Gateway - Salus UGE600 which is the heart of the Smart Home system, connected by wire or wireless to the internet and communicates with all smart devices. The hotel has 6 gateways, one per floor to achieve optimal organization & communication of smart devices.
- The Smart Fan Coil Thermostats - Salus FC600 for control of heating & cooling with fan couls. FC600s were installed in all hotel rooms, common areas, offices and server room. This achieves complete autonomy per room & absolute thermal comfort in all areas.
- The Smart Relay - Salus SR600 installed in the electrical junction boxes & in the electrical panel, in order to control the Heat Pumps and Circulator Pumps. At the same time, the appropriate automations were created so that when a FC600 thermostat requests heating / cooling, then the Smart Relay SR600 activates the corresponding circulator pump on the floor.
- The Electricity Consumption Meters - Salus ECM600 that measure the electricity consumption of the building and other additional facilities. Two Energy Meters have been installed in the hotel facility to control the energy consumed by the DHW pumps and an additional one to measure the energy on the mezzanine level where the restaurants are located.
- The Temperature Sensor - Salus PS600 that has the ability to measure the temperature of the water inside the boilers. Appropriate automations were implemented so that if the temperature of the hot water in the boilers falls below a certain value, the appropriate Heat Pump is activated to maintain the temperature within the set limits.
All the above products of Salus Smart Home were installed and configured by the specialized technicians of the Special Team of Energy Saving Technicians (EOT-EXE) of ANDRIANOS, with the necessary partnership of the Tech & Smart Home specialist of the company.
The multiple benefits of Salus Smart Home in the hotel facilities of Maniatis Hotel in Sparta
Fully Functional and Energy Modernized the MANIATIS HOTEL hotel in Sparta
Thanks to the smart functions of the SALUS devices and their proper customization , now both the owner and the guests of the hotel enjoy new smart operations.
- The reception staff, as soon as they receive a new reservation, have the ability to preheat or precool the room, while in case of emergency this can be done from anywhere, via smartphone, tablet or pc.
- Thanks to smart energy meters, hotel owners and managers have complete control over their energy consumption, so that they can take immediate corrective action for further savings.
- In case of any malfunction in the heating-cooling system and hot water production, the managers & the technicians are informed via free sms & email sent automatically by Salus Smart Home.
- It is worth noting that the smart temperature sensor enables the owner and managers to know at any time the temperature of the hot water supplied, which is a common problem of hotels. With the smart devices of SALUS, the water temperature is maintained in the desired temperature and the greatest possible energy savings are achieved.
- Finally, guests always enjoy high quality thermal comfort, thanks to the control autonomy per room offered by the Salus Smart Home.
With the quality of SALUS and ANDRIANOS
In a rapidly growing market such as smart home & building management systems, ANDRIANOS has stood out with the "Salus Smart Home", which significantly reduces operating costs while achieving optimal thermal comfort in both new and existing buildings.
SALUS Controls was founded in 1974 and is a member of The Computime Group Ltd, a global technology company that provides pioneering automation solutions, and also research, design and build new innovative products. ANDRIANOS is the exclusive representative of Salus Controls in Greece and Cyprus.
ANDRIANOS has been dealing with cutting-edge technologies in heating, air conditioning and energy saving, since 1994, providing high performance and efficient thermal comfort and DHW production systems. With vast experience in the hotel facilities, the reward of its successful course, are such demonstrative projects that improve the experience of the guests, facilitate the daily life of the staff and save money in the administration, as happened with the energy upgrade of Hotel Maniatis.