Heat Recovery Ventilation
A Heat Recovery Ventilation (also known as mechanical ventilation & aeration systems with heat recovery) is an innovative & autonomous ventilation system for the flow of fresh air in spaces, which removes the polluted, full of humidity indoor air and brings fresh air from outdoor, while also preheating this outdoor air, reducing humidity and eliminating ventilation losses by 93%.
The above operation ensures and guarantees the purity and the proper quality of the indoor air while achieves Thermal Comfort and Healthy Atmosphere by disposing pollutants and microbes from the air, without losing the Heat (energy) to the environment, which happens when we open the windows for the same reason.
The need to ventilate and aerate living and working places
Considering that we spend indoors the 90% of our life and that in these areas the air pollutants are two to five times more than outside, we will realize the huge importance of ventilation of living and working spaces.
Indoor living and working spaces must ensure a generally acceptable indoor air quality. This is being achieved when the room air contains an acceptable concentration of carbon dioxide (CO2), which must be between 500 and 1.000 parts per 1.000.000 parts (ppm) of air and free of viruses, microbes, dust, pollen and other suspended harmful particles.
When indoor air quality is getting worse, the following happens in the space:
- Mold and unpleasant smells appear, while the relative humidity increases.
- Pollutants such as airborne particles, formaldehyde, household smells, ozone and carbon dioxide build up.
- Especially the high concentration of carbon dioxide can cause bad mood, fatigue, drowsiness, headaches, difficulty breathing etc.
The most common solution to the above, is to "Open the window to get some fresh air", but this is not effective because as the air in the room changes, the fresh air brings also germs, dust, pollen, noise and everything else in the environment.
In additional, if the room is heated, the precious heat escapes. If the room is cooled, it is filled with hot air from the outdoor environment and the indoor cooling, is getting lost.
ANDRIANOS with Heat Recovery Ventilation systems provides an effective solution to these problems.
Ventilation System with Heat Recovery
Heat Recovery Ventilation systems are innovative and autonomous systems, which remove indoor burdened air and refreshes it, by supplying new fresh air from the outdoor environment. When the air is exhausted, they store the heat in the heat exchanger they have. On intake, it passes the fresh air through the heat exchanger where it preheats it (if it is winter) or preheats it (if it is summer).
- It is a subsidized intervention in energy upgrade programs of the European Union.
- It usually upgrades an energy class to the building's energy certificate (from C to B, from B to A, etc.)
- It is A Energy class product.
- It has a CE certification.
- It complies with the Ecodesign Directive, (Regulations (EU) No 1253/2014 & (EU) No 1254/2014).
How the system works
Ventilation System of ANDRIANOS operates in 2 cycles, where each cycle lasts 70 seconds. In the first cycle, it removes air from the interior, to the outside environment. In the second cycle it supplys air from the environment inside the building.
The operation of heat recovery ventilation system for a period of 140 seconds in two cycles, described below:
Ventilation System Operating Circle (70sec + 70sec)
Indicative Ventilation Mode with recovery during winter. (heating period)
Advantages of Ventilation with Heat Recovery
Mechanical ventilation with heat recovery offers to a well-insulated home, the ideal comfort conditions with minimal expense since it achieves maximum energy efficiency through heat recovery. Specifically achieves:
- Very Healthy and Clean Atmosphere, so ideal conditions and satisfied residents or customers or staff.
- Immediate and effective removal of viruses,microbes, mold, pollen, unpleasant smells & humidity.
- High Perfomance level of Heat Recovery [93%], that is a significant reduction in heat loss and energy savings, since ventilation losses are almost zero.
- Low Power Consumption, just 5W, so almost zero power consumption.
- Totally silent operation 13dB, almost unnoticed.
- Additional savings in heating costs by at least 30% and at the same time a significant contribution to environmental protection.
- It allows quick installation to any space, without complicated wiring.
- Easy installation in building renovations but also in newly built buildings.
The Ventilation System with Recovery ensures:
Technical Characteristics of Autonomous Ventilation Systems with Heat Recovery
From 30m3/h to 85m3/h depending on the needs of the space
Product design - parts in detail
Quick and easy installation to any place
Mechanical heat recovery ventilation system creates ideal comfort conditions on minimum cost and can be installed easily in any place. The most important advantage is that there is no need to create drain for collecting condensate and does not require additional complicated wiring. All that is required, is the creation of a hole Ø 160 mm in the wall and a typical electrical supply. Thanks to the hose - telescopic tube, which is included in the system, it can be adapted to the specific dimensions of each wall of the building.
You can see all stages of the installation of Assolo in the article bellow:
24 hour operation
The operation of the mechanical heat recovery ventilation system units is proposed to be continuous, so that the supply of air is not interrupted and the optimal ventilation results are achieved. The power consumption of each unit is so low, just 5W, leading the total power consumption to almost zero.