Significant savings of 78% in operating costs and absolute control of all heating, cooling and domestic hot water production systems enjoy the MANIATIS Hotel in Sparta, thanks to the energy upgrade of its electromechanical equipment by ANDRIANOS.
The largest and most popular city hotel in Sparta, MANIATIS HOTEL chose ANDRIANOS for the study and implementation of a complete energy upgrade of the heating-cooling systems of the building as well as the hot water production system.
The MANIATIS HOTEL in Sparta trusted ANDRIANOS for the new HVAC system upgrade
The pre-existing condition of the hotel's electromechanical equipment
The MANIATHS Hotel in Sparta which is equipped with 160 rooms was equipped with two oil boilers that were responsible for space heating and domestic hot water production.To cooling the hotel premises there was an old low-efficiency cooler, energy class D. The installation was obviously technologically outdated, while the savings from a carefully calculated energy upgrade were enormous, as the annual consumption for oil heating reached 9,000 euros for heating & 19,200 euros for domestic hot water production. Also the electricity costs for the air conditioning were in the range of € 12,000 per year.
ANDRIANOS solutions for energy upgrade and new equipment
After a thorough study of the pre-existing condition of the electromechanical systems, as well as the available spaces in the boiler room and the roof of the hotel, the followings choices were selected by the engineers of ANDRIANOS:
- For the production of domestic hot water (DHW), with plenty of free energy from the sun, the installation of a solar thermal system was one- way:
The ANDRIANOS And-Solar Ppremium Solar Collectors at the roof of Maniatis Hotel building
The solar thermal system consists of 34 ANDRIANOS AND-SOLAR PREMIUM solar panels, with efficiency degree ηcol = 65% according to ISO9806: 2013 which rank them in the TOP5 in efficiency worldwide & in 1st place in Greece, with a collector area of 2.72m2 each, 6 solar tanks with temperature stratification with a total capacity of 6500lt, as well as the necessary components for the quality control and regulation of the system, such as the solar station and the solar controller of RESOL, with additional functions for remote projection and configuration of the system. Hydraulic balancing regulating valves of the Swiss company TACONOVA, three-way DHW mixing valve of SIEMENS and WILO Stratos Maxo circulator for recirculation were also installed.
In addition to the solar thermal system, two high temperature heat pumps CARRIER 61AF-019 were installed, with a power of 19KW each, to assist the solar thermal system, on days or hours when the solar energy is insufficient.
- The ideal solution for heating and cooling the hotel premises was the CARRIER Heat Pumps. For the air conditioning needs of the rooms, reception, lobby, offices and other areas outside the restaurants, the heat pumps CARRIER 30RQS90 were selected. With a power of 90KW each, the two Heat Pumps, installed in a master-slave arrangement, produce heating & cooling with very high degrees of efficiency.
CARRIER 30RQS90 heat pumps to meet the heating-cooling needs of the hotel
For the optimal and efficient coverage of the restaurant spaces, two CARRIER 30AWH15 Heat Pumps were installed, Energy Class A +++, in combination with new CARRIER Fan Coils.
CARRIER 30AWH15 Heat Pumps, Energy Class A +++ for DHW production in collaboration with the Solar Thermal System [Now it consumes only 480 € per year, while the annual cost of consumption before the operations was 19200 €]
- In the same space, for the complete and efficient control of the air conditioning system (heating-cooling), the Salus Smart Home system was installed with the specialized thermostats for Fan Coil FC600 that are part of the system. Salus Smart Home is an ideal solution for smart control of all devices, as it enables central and remote management, via smartphone, tablet and PC.
Snapshot from the Salus Smart Home control screen for the 2nd floor of the hotel. Total control from web browser or android/ios app
- The circulation of heating, cooling and solar thermal has been undertaken by six state-of-the-art Wilo Stratos Maxo Smart-Pumps. The new circulators have the ability to continuously compensate the supply and the pressure gauge and thus additional energy savings are achieved in the installation.
Quality Installation & Continuous Technical Support from EOT-EXE
The supervision of the project and installation of all the equipment, as well as the regulation and optimization of its operation was undertaken by the Special Team of Energy Saving Technicians (EOT-EXE) of ANDRIANOS. EOT-EXE is the most specialized team of engineers and technicians of ANDRIANOS, which undertakes the strategic planning, the implementation - completion, the optimization, the repair of the faults & the regular maintenance of electromechanical installations of all kinds, through the continuous engagement with essential & Conventional and Renewable Energy (RES) technologies. It thus ensures, in all electromechanical installations, absolute safety, energy and resource savings (SAE), as well as reduction of operating costs and at the same time protection of the environment.
In addition to EOT-EXE, the thermo-hydraulic engineer Dimitris Tsakalakis and the specialist in aeration-ventilation systems Theofanis Beratis also collaborated for the project at Maniatis Hotel.
Thanks to the high know-how of its engineers and technicians, the installation of MANIATIS HOTEL works excellently and economically, while EOT-EXE has undertaken the regular maintenance of the system in the coming years.
Snapshot from the RESOL system for live data of hybrid Solar Thermal System
The Benefits of the Energy Upgrade of the MANIATIS Hotel
In every hotel installation the main goal of ANDRIANOS engineers is to reduce operating costs, with the greatest possible use of Renewable Energy Sources. MANIATIS HOTEL in Sparta now has modern RES systems that offer increased savings:
- The hybrid system of Solar Heat & Heat Pumps, for the production of Domestic Hot Water, offers 98% energy savings compared to the previous DHW production facility.
- The high efficiency CARRIER 30RQ & AWH Heat Pumps for the air conditioning (heating & cooling) of the spaces, in a much more economical way than the old oil boiler and the cooler.
Indicatively, for the heating & cooling of the spaces, the average cost before the energy upgrade amounted to 1750 € / month, while with the new systems a saving of 60% is achieved.
With the total supply of equipment and installation costs amounting to € 167,000, the total annual savings of € 31,500 will offer amortization of this significant investment in just 5.2 years.
In addition, special attention paid to the quality of the equipment and installation will eliminate malfunctions and operational problems. In combination with the modern remote control and configuration systems (SALUS SMART HOME & RESOL), there is the possibility for detailed monitoring of the operation of all systems, as well as for their immediate optimization by ANDRIANOS engineers without the need for an on-site visit.
ANDRIANOS, since 1994, offers quality energy saving solutions for thermal comfort & DHW production in buildings. With a number of projects & vast experience in the hotel facilities, the reward of its successful course, are projects, such as the upgrade of Hotel Maniatis that in order to be successfully completed, they rely on its quality products & the high know-how of its staff.