The MANIATIS HOTEL at Sparta
The largest city hotel in Sparta, MANIATIS HOTEL chose ANDRIANOS for the study and implementation of a complete energy upgrade of the heating & cooling systems of the building, as well as the domestic hot water production system. In this context, the installation of the solar thermal system was the standard choice, in order to achieve complete decommissioning of fossil fuels and reduction of electricity consumption to a minimum.
High efficiency solar panels with ηcol = 65% on the hotel roof
The new high efficiency solar system consists of:
- 34 solar collectors, AND-SOLAR PREMIUM, with efficiency degree ηcol = 65% according to ISO9806: 2013 which rank them in the TOP 5 in efficiency worldwide & in the 1st place in Greece, with a total collector area of 92.48m2.
- 6 solar tanks ANDRIANOS Pro-Hyg with temperature stratification, with a total capacity of 6500lt. Thanks to thetemperature stratification of the solar boilers, the hotel benefits from even the shortest periods of sunshine, as the water is stored in various temperature layers: from approx. 70 ° C at the top (hot water rises) to approx. 20 ° C completely at the bottom (cold water goes down).
- Solar station TACONOVA for the functional control and the hydraulic balancing of the solar thermal circuit.
- Solar controller RESOL DeltaSol MX Controller, together with five (5) Resol EM Extension Module extensions, so that there is a complete measurement of all parameters (temperature, pressure, flow, etc.) in more than 45 points of the solar thermal circuit, as well as the additional module RESOL KM2 for additional functions and remote viewing and configuration of the system via internet.
- Hydraulic balancing regulating valves by TACONOVA Switzerland and
- Three-way DHW mixing valve Actavix - Siemens with absolute precision and immediate response.
Snapshot from the RESOL system for live information on the status of the hybrid Solar Thermal System.
In addition to the solar thermal system, two high temperature heat pumps CARRIER 61AF-019 were installed, with a power of 19KW each, to assist the solar thermal system, on days or hours when the solar energy is insufficient.
- The recirculation of domestic hot water is undertaken by a state-of-the-art circulator Smart (Pump) Wilo Stratos Maxo, which has the ability to continuously compensate the flow and the pressure gauge, thus achieving additional energy savings in the installation.
The main collector of the installation, where the state-of-the-art smart circulators Smart-Pump Wilo Stratos Maxo can be seen (left) and the quality magnetic filters of Fernox (right)
Quality Installation & Continuous Technical Support from EOT-EXE
The special team of Energy Saving Technicians (EOT-EXE) of ANDRIANOS undertook the work of supervising the project and the installation of all the equipment, as well as the regulation and optimization of its operation. EOT-EXE is the most specialized team of engineers and technicians of ANDRIANOS, which undertakes the strategic planning, the implementation - completion, the optimization, the repair of the faults & the regular maintenance of electromechanical installations of all kinds, through the continuous engagement with essential & Conventional and Renewable Energy (RES) technologies. It thus ensures, in all electromechanical installations, absolute safety, energy and resource savings, as well as reduction of operating costs and at the same time protection of the environment.
Thanks to the high know-how of its engineers and technicians, the installation of MANIATIS HOTEL works excellently and economically, while EOT-EXE, in collaboration with our local partner in Sparta, Mr. Tsakalakis Dimitris, have undertaken the regular maintenance of the system in the following years.
The Benefits of the Energy Upgrade of the MANIATIS Hotel
In every hotel installation the main goal of ANDRIANOS engineers is to reduce operating costs, with the greatest possible use of Renewable Energy Sources. MANIATIS HOTEL in Sparta now has modern RES systems, where at top of them there is the new solar thermal system that offers free energy from the sun.
Thanks to the new hybrid system compining Solar Thermal Technology & Heat Pumps, for the production of Hot Water, almost 95% energy savings are achieved compared to the previous DHW production plant (with oil boilers) and the amortization of this significant investment will be completed in less than 5 years.
ANDRIANOS, since 1994, offers quality energy saving solutions for thermal comfort & DHW production in buildings. With a number of projects & vast experience in the hotel facilities, the reward of its successful course, are projects, such as the upgrade of Hotel Maniatis that to be successfully completed, rely on its quality products & the high know-how of its staff.